Answered By: Jennifer Yao Weinraub Last Updated: Aug 22, 2018 Views: 341
There are several ways to renew books:
- Speak to a staff member at any New School library location. You do not have to bring the books with you.
- Use a self check-out machine at 63 Fifth Ave (6th and 7th floors), 6 E 16th St (8th floor), or 55 W 13th St (9th floor).
- Renew online.
- From the library website, click on "Renew Items."
- Enter your NetID and password.
- Click on your name located in the upper right hand corner. Then click on the "My Account" link.
- You can either "Renew all" or select the "Loan" tab and renew selected items.
- You can renew twice online.
Renewing will extend the due date to for another loan period from the day the item was renewed. Most materials other than books cannot be renewed.
Please note that you cannot renew books that have been recalled, or if you have blocks on your library account due to excessive fines or lost books. Please visit any New School library location or use Ask Us to contact us about your library account.
For more information about library accounts, please view our video tutorial How to Access My Library Account.