Answered By: Jennifer Yao Weinraub Last Updated: Aug 30, 2018 Views: 12630
To use lynda.com, you will need to create a personal account using your New School email address.
Go to lynda.com using this link which is customized to The New School.
- For first time users, click on "create a profile" and create an account using your @newschool.edu email.
- The next time you visit lynda.com, enter your email address as your username, and the password that you created.
You can bookmark the database so that you can easily access the site again. There is also a link to the New School's lynda.com page in the library catalog.
- Go to the library website at library.newschool.edu. (If you're off campus, sign into My New School and click on the "Libraries" link in the Apps Locker).
- Click on the 'Browse Databases' box within the 'Books & More' box.
- Once you're on this new page, click on L and then scroll down until you get to Lynda.com. Please note that there is a separate link for the mobile version. If you forget your password, click on "Forgot password?" to reset it.
New School students, faculty, and staff have access to Lynda.com's 4,000+ online software instruction and professional development tutorials on Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Blender, HTML, Javscript, Revit, Rhino, and as well as marketing, photography, and much more.
Lynda.com can be used on mobile and tablet apps, which are available in Apple's App Store (for iPhones and iPads) and the Google Play Store (for Android devices).
Once you have created an account and downloaded lynda.com on your device, you can select "Already a member?" and then "Organization" and enter your New School email address and password that you created.