Answered By: Nicole LaMoreaux (Libraries) Last Updated: Oct 23, 2020 Views: 86
You can request scans of books (up to one chapter or 50 pages) through our library search engine. Please follow the instructions below. Should you have any further questions, please Ask Us.
1) After searching the catalog and finding an item that you would like to request a scan of, you will need to log into the catalog using your Net ID and password. You can do this by clicking on the 'Login' link in the yellow banner listed above the 'Physical Access' header.
2) This will take you to a new page. Click on 'The New School' box and use your Net ID and password to login.
3) Once you're logged in, you will need to click on the small arrow button listed next to the item. Please click on this and additional options will appear. You can either request to pick up the item or scan the item.
4) For a scan of the item, please click on the 'Scan' link. You will need to include the pages that you would like scanned. You can also include the chapter author, chapter title, and any additional information. Once you have filled out the questions, please click on the 'Send Scan Request' button.
5) Once the scan is ready, a link to the scan will be sent to your New School email address.