Answered By: Kira Appel (Libraries) Last Updated: Aug 03, 2022 Views: 645
The New School Libraries spaces are open. Check our website for Hours. The New School Libraries staff and virtual services via chat and Ask Us as well as access to online content remains available. We also offer:
- In-person book pick ups and returns
- Home delivery and shipping labels for returns
- Quiet study areas
- Bookable rooms
- Physical reserves (faculty, please see the Reserves Letter)
- Scanning services
- Desktop computers
- Laptops for checkout (FAQ)
- Printers and scanners (printing services also provided by IT)
The New School is allowing visitors [alumni, consortium members, outside researchers (by appointment)] who meet vaccination and booster requirements (refer to Campus Visitors). Individuals who wish to visit the Libraries must follow the University’s protocols:
- Individual visitors must check in at the Welcome Center Visitors Desk (72 Fifth Avenue) to receive a daily guest pass.
- University events will require registration and provide on-site vaccination verification.
- Proof of vaccination and a booster are required for campus access. No exemptions or exceptions will be allowed.
- Masks must be worn at all times in campus buildings.
For access to libraries within our consortium:
- NYU’s Bobst Library - Access is restored. For directions on how to enter, please see our FAQ.
- Cooper Union Library - Starting March 1, visitors will need to show their college ID card and proof of vaccination and booster. They will sign in at the security desk and be required to wear an authorized mask at all times.
- NYSID Library - Go to http://library.nysid.edu/library/, click on the ‘Email a Librarian’ link (under ‘Physical Hours’), and fill out the form. Currently, all visitors are required to submit their proofs of vaccination by email in advance, but booster shots are not required. All individuals are required to wear a well-fitted mask, such as the 3-ply surgical masks, KN95 masks or N95 masks. A cloth mask can only be worn over a surgical mask.
For current and more detailed information on The New School Libraries services, please continue to chat and Ask Us (email@example.com).