Answered By: Kira Appel (Libraries) Last Updated: Aug 29, 2022 Views: 2128
The New School Libraries spaces are open. Check our website for Hours. The New School Libraries staff and virtual services via chat and Ask Us as well as access to online content remains available. We also offer:
- In-person book pick ups and returns
- Home delivery and shipping labels for returns
- Quiet study areas
- Bookable rooms
- Physical reserves (faculty, please see the Reserves Letter)
- Scanning services
- Desktop computers
- Laptops for checkout (FAQ)
- Printers and scanners (printing services also provided by IT)
The New School's New York City campus is welcoming visitors [alumni, consortium members, outside researchers (by appointment)] who are up-to-date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, including a booster when eligible. Individuals who wish to visit the Libraries must follow the University’s protocols.
Beginning Monday, August 15, The New School will use CLEAR'S Health Pass, an online tool that safely and simply verifies proof of COVID-19 vaccination, for visitors and guests to our campus. Masks must be worn at all times in campus buildings.
For access to libraries within our consortium:
- NYU’s Bobst Library - See our FAQ for how to enter.
- Cooper Union Library - Re-opening September 1, 2022. Visitors need to show their college ID card and proof of vaccination and booster. They will sign in at the security desk and be required to wear an authorized mask at all times.
- NYSID Library - Go to http://library.nysid.edu/library/, click on the ‘Email a Librarian’ link (under ‘Physical Hours’), and fill out the form. All visitors are required to submit their proofs of vaccination by email in advance, but booster shots are not required. All individuals are required to wear a well-fitted mask, such as the 3-ply surgical masks, KN95 masks or N95 masks. A cloth mask can only be worn over a surgical mask.
For current and more detailed information on The New School Libraries services, please continue to chat and Ask Us (firstname.lastname@example.org).