Answered By: Kira Appel (Libraries) Last Updated: Nov 15, 2023 Views: 110
The New School Libraries is upgrading its system November 13 through January 12. Once this update is complete, you can expect streamlined requesting, enhanced discoverability, and of all your loans appearing in ‘My Account.’
Over the next two months, there will be some disruptions in acquiring new material. Access to electronic resources and article searching will remain available throughout the system migration.
The below timeline will tell you what's happening when (and what to do).
November 13-January 7:
- Purchasing of new physical materials (e.g., print books, DVDs) will be paused.
All requests will be processed in January.
- Please continue to use the Request a Purchase form [library.newschool.edu/request-purchase] and we will notify you if other options are available.
- E-book orders will continue.
- Course Reserves [https://library.newschool.edu/reserves] will not be affected.
- Requesting access to items from other institutions will be paused (e.g., EZBorrow, ILL).
- Eligible students and faculty may still access and check out books from consortium libraries (e.g., NYU Bobst Library, Cooper Union, NYSID) until December 15 by visiting those locations.
- Last day to request materials from offsite.
- Saved items in “My Account” will NOT migrate to the new system. Here [https://tinyurl.com/4csckpke] is how to export your saved items. (Saving items to “My Account” will be available again January 7.)
- Last day to check out materials.
December 21-January 7:
- All Libraries locations closed.
- Chat will still be available through December 22, then it will close for Winter Break and resume on January 2 (see Live Chat hours)
- Access to electronic resources and article searching will remain available throughout the system migration.
- Spaces reopen (check library hours: https://library.newschool.edu/)
- Circulation resumes
- Ordering resumes
- Limited resource sharing resumes. Please allow for delays.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or live chat us with questions!